Bray Wanderers 0 Wexford FC 3

Bray Wanderers 0 Wexford FC 3

Bray’s three-match unbeaten run in the SSE Airtricity Men’s First Division since returning last month from the mid-season break ended when Wexford won for the very first time at the Carlisle Grounds.

With the venue having survived the deluge of rain that fell throughout the day, the away team left on Friday with all three points after seven previous failed attempts against nine-men Wanderers.

The Seasiders handed debuts to new signings Yoyo Mahdy and Seán Quinn in two changes after last weeks draw away to Finn Harps.

Nadre Butcher made his full home debut while skipper Dave Webster returned amongst the substitutes after injury.

Wexford took the lead after just 70 seconds.

From Dane Massey’s heavy back pass, Wanderers goalkeeper Stephen McGuinness’ heavy touch allowed Kian Corbally to nip in and score into an open goal.

The goalkeeper was the hosts best player on show – thwarting Aaron Dobbs (10), Corbally (25), and Darragh Levingston (45+ 9).

But the Ferrycarrig Park based club were dealt a blow as top scorer Dobbs was stretchered off with a head/neck injury in the 35th minute – which lead to ten minutes of stoppage time.

It got worse for the Wicklow outfit as skipper Massey saw red in the 59th minute by bringing down Wexford sub Thomas Oluwa as last man just outside the home penalty area.

Having joined on loan from Waterford just hours before kick-off, the visitors sealed the points on 69 when Oluwa held off several opponents to fire in low from 16-yards.

Former Seagull Darragh Levingston was dismissed on 82 for a second yellow when stopping a free being taken.

Bray finished with nine men as Jack Hudson was set off in 87. It was unclear what the offence was for as play had stopped after a foul and a coming together of both teams.

With Republic of Ireland Senior manager Stephen Kenny in attendance, he got to see his son Eoin Kenny come off the bench and grab the Slaneysiders third in the 95th minute.

Latching onto a pass over the top by fellow sub Karl Chambers, the on-loan Dundalk striker beat the offside, evaded McGuinness and stroked into an empty net.

Bray Wanderers: Stephen McGuinness; Max Murphy, Jack Hudson, Dane Massey, Len O’Sullivan; Conor Crowley, Seán Quinn (Harry Groome 62); Darren Craven (Dave Webster 62); Ben Feeney (Shortt 81), Yoyo Mahdy (Luka Lovic 62), Nadre Butcher (Chris Lyons 62).

Subs not used: Callum Thompson, Guillermo Almirall, Lorcan Fitzgerald, Alex Moody.

 Booked: Quinn 51.

Sent off: Massey 59, Hudson 87.

Wexford FC: Mason; Reece Webb, Cian O’Malley, Luke Browne, James Crawford; Ethan Boyle; Kian Corbally, Darragh Levingston, Corban Piper, Hanratty (Karl Chambers 88); Aaron Dobbs (Thomas Oluwa 35 – Eoin Kenny 90).

Subs not used: Kaylem Harnett, Ben Lynch, Aaron Doran, Max Kelly, Sean Fitzpatrick, Charlie Heffernan.

Booked: Boyle 80, Browne 84.

Sent off: Darragh Levingston (booked 63 and 82).

Referee: Marc Lynch (Galway).

Pictures: Philip Ryan.